Sunday, March 29, 2009

Graduation time!


Wow...it's amazing how fast time flies. The last time we posted here was during the October General Conference--about six months ago. I'm hoping to get on a schedule more regular than every General Conference, and we're one week short of the April Conference, so here goes. :)

As you can see from the pic, we're graduating from BYU Law School next month! It's been an amazing three years. And we have been together through most of that time. We started law school in August 2006, started dating in October 2006, and we've been inseparable ever since.

When I was a first-year law student, I kept a weekly journal and I wrote about an early experience that I had with Debbie, that we still laugh about:

“I believe this was the day that I put up pictures of George W. Bush at my carrel to see what kind of reactions I would get. Well, I got good reactions. Debbie, a really cute and top-notch girl in my carrel aisle came over and said, ‘I need to pick a fight with you over Bush.’ We started talking about Bush and politics.”

The students sitting all around us all turned around and everyone got in on it, and we all ended up talking politics for the next three hours. Deb and I became good friends after that (despite our political differences :) ) and things just went from there. They say that the first year of law school is the most difficult, but once Deb and I had started dating, it made the year, shall we say, more than bearable. :) We got married about halfway through the law school experience, which has been just great -- and our grades have vastly improved as well.

After we graduate, Debbie will return to work at the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office, where she has been clerking throughout this school year, and I will be working in downtown SLC at a law firm, Christensen & Jensen. We feel blessed to have these great jobs, especially with the economy the way it is right now.

Are we taking a graduation trip? Yep. Deb and I are planning on going to Yellowstone, Wyoming, with Debbie's family in the days after we take the Bar Exam at the end of July, and from there we will be taking a cross-country road trip, basically as far east as Ohio (where I served my mission) and then back. We're going hit Martin's Cove, possibly Winter Quarters, and Nauvoo along the way to Cincinnati. Once we're there, I'll show Debbie around my mission and introduce her to Cincinnati Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream. It's gonna be awesome.

3 comments:

gardnerfamily said...

Well I'm glad you finally posted again! Congrats on your upcoming graduations. I don't think Bruce's grades improved once we got married... it must be easier if both of you are in school :). I'm glad I got to live with Debbie during a lot of your courtship... too much fun! Well keep in touch and keep posting!

Chelsea and Spencer said...

Just came across your blog via Facebook. I hope all is well with you two. Good luck with the Bar fun and enjoy that Graeters. Black Rasberry Chip is my fave.

Tessa said...

Hey! You guys should actually blog! :)